Elevator & Escalator Accident Attorney
If you or a loved one need an escalator or elevator accident attorney, call or text Monaco Law PC to speak directly with its founder, Joseph Monaco. 215-546-3166 in Pennsylvania or 609-277-3166 in New Jersey.
With over 300 million people, the United States has built over 50 thousand escalators and 900 thousand elevators to transport individuals here they need to go. Each one services over 20 thousand riders per year. Although elevators and escalators serve a useful purpose, they cause thousands of injury and wrongful death cases annually when they malfunction due to design defects or poor maintenance. If you or a loved one have been injured because of a faulty escalator or elevator, call or text me, Joseph Monaco, to learn how an experienced escalator and elevator trial lawyer can help you and your family receive justice. Monaco law PC offers a free consultation and the No Recovery, No Fee Guarantee. Call or text 215-546-3166 in Pennsylvania or 609-277-3166 in New Jersey to speak with Joseph Monaco directly.
Helpful Information following an Elevator or escalator Injury
Wrongful Death and Personal Injury Attorney Help After an Elevator or Escalator Fall?
Elevator and escalator accidents happen every day across the country including in New Jersey and Pennsylvania. As a result, a seasoned premises liability – slip and fall attorney has had the opportunity to gain valuable experience handling personal injury and wrongful death cases involving the ramifications of falls or other incidents caused by faulty escalators or elevators. At Monaco Law PC, we can provide you with seasoned expert legal advice to take the weight off of your shoulders in coping with the harm caused by a malfunctioning or defective elevator or escalator.
Years of experience allows the team at Monaco Law PC to understand the evidence required to prove your case including how to investigate and present evidence to the big insurance companies to maximize your monetary recovery. This includes gathering work orders, inspection reports, maintenance contracts, repair records and equipment upgrades or proposals regarding the elevator or escalator that malfunctioned.
In addition, knowledge of industry practices and regulations helps establish “Rules of the Road” to prove negligence by the building owner or maintenance company. Showing that a Defendant failed to follow its own or industry standards goes a long way in having the jury finding fault with the building owner or its vendor. Knowing how to address industry customs and standards sets a foundation for Monaco Law PC to properly advocate on behalf of our clients to achieve justice and maximum monetary compensation.
What are the Benefits of Pursuing an Escalator or Elevator Injury Case?
Taking on the big insurance companies and corporations when they harm you or a family member not only helps you achieve justice but it also benefits society as a whole so that others do not fall victim to neglect caused by not installing and maintaining state-of-the-art elevators or escalators. Profits should not be placed ahead of safety and the wellbeing of others including customers and tenants.
On a more personal level, pursuing a New Jersey or Pennsylvania escalator or elevator case will enable you and your family to secure an award of monetary compensation as permitted by current negligence and defective product liability laws in each jurisdiction. Elements of compensable damages in personal injury cases include hospital expenses, physical therapy and rehabilitation costs, office visits, pain and suffering, emotional distress, loss of life’s pleasures, disfigurement, lost income and earnings capacity. For information on wrongful death damages in Pennsylvania lick here and for NJ laws on the subject click here.
What are the Common Causes of Elevator Malfunctions that can Lead to Personal Injuries or Wrongful Death?
- A pulley system malfunction or a mechanical breakdown that leads to a rapid drop causing a rider to fall;
- An open elevator shaft due to a malfunction leading to someone falling into the shaft;
- A failure in the elevator leveling system causing the floor of the elevator car to be higher or lower than the floor of the building resulting in a trip and fall;
- A door or retractable edge malfunction from poor maintenance or design that leads to a rider being struck or trapped by the elevator door;
- Faulty wiring that leads to a fire or electrocution.
What are the Common Causes of Escalator Accidents?
- Poor maintenance or power outage leading to abrupt stopping or movement of the escalator steps;
- Gaps between escalator steps and handrail sides allowing shoes, laces, strollers or pants to get entrapped;
- Missing or broken teeth on the edge of a step causing entrapment between the stair and landing or a trip and fall;
- Poorly designed stair teeth leading to severe lacerations;
- Failure to post warning signs about the use of strollers or walkers and the location of elevators.
What are Common Injuries from an Escalator or Elevator Accident?
Injuries from a a defective escalator can be caused when clothing, shoelaces, sandals or limbs get entrapped in gaps along the landings, stairs, skirts or handrail. Once caught, a rider can be pulled or thrown down onto the stairs, landings or ground.
An elevator poorly maintained or designed can lead to doors shutting forcefully, sudden drops, uneven floor thresholds, or electrocutions.
- Head, neck and back injuries for trip and falls;
- Crush or dislocation fractures from falls, entrapments or pull downs;
- Spinal cord or spinal column disc injuries from falls or entrapments;
- Knee, wrist, hip, shoulder or ankle injuries including fractures or torn ligaments from falls, pull downs or entrapments;
- Wrongful death from head injuries or electrocution.
How to Hire an Escalator and Elevator Accident Attorney
If you need to hire an experienced personal injury or wrongful death attorney, call or text Monaco Law PC at 215-546-3166 or 609-277-3166. Whether an elevator or escalator accident, you and your family deserve an aggressive elevator and escalator injury attorney to protect your rights. At Monaco Law, PC , we will thoroughly investigate the incident to determine who is at fault for causing your injuries. Elevator or escalator cases can be complex but hiring the right lawyer is simple. At Monaca Law, PC, we offer a free consultation and the No Recovery, No Fee Guarantee.