Woodbury New Jersey Car Accident Attorney
Joseph Monaco, New Jersey Wrongful Death & Injury Attorney
Call or Text Me at 609-277-3166
There were 7,515 car crashes in Gloucseter County, New Jersey in 2017. Many of them happened right here in the county seat of Woodbury, New Jersey, and, unfortunately, many led to wrongful injury and death victims. Tragedy can happen to anyone, at any time, and when it does, you will need a Woodbury Car Accident Attorney to protect your rights. If you or a family member have been hurt in a Woodbury motor vehicle accident, call or text me, Joseph Monaco, to learn how I can help you get your life back in order.
I have almost thirty years of experience representing victims of car crashes throughout New Jersey. I believe you are entitled to the best legal representation in addition to having the right to have your questions and concerns addressed by an experienced trial lawyer working for you, not the big insurance companies.
What are the Most Common Types of Woodbury Car Accidents?
How Woodbury vehicles crash is a key factor in the severity of the resulting injuries. The most common types of Woodbury, New Jersey car accidents include:
- T-Bone Crashes: This type of accident often occurs when one vehicle drives through a red traffic light or pulls out from a side street or parking lot and then strikes the side of the passing vehicle.
- Rear-End Impacts: When a vehicle impacts the rear of another vehicle, it occurs usually when there is distracted driving or tailgating.
- Head-on Collisions: Woodbury head-on collisions occur when the fronts of each vehicle collide. These accidents are not common but can happen around curves in the roadway or when a driver falls asleep or is intoxicated. Head-on collisions often lead to serious injuries including wrongful death.
- Pedestrian Accidents: There are always changing laws regarding yielding or stopping for pedestrians. Unfortunately, many drivers including those from other states do not know that New Jersey law requires motorists to stop for pedestrians. This can result in serious accidents especially when a pedestrian crosses a two-way street and only one vehicle stops.
- Bicycle Accidents: Woodbury cyclists and motorists need to share the roadways in a safe manner. Bicyclists are harder to see and our minds are trained to look for cars or other large vehicles when driving. Needless to say, this results in bicyclists getting struck even during daylight hours.
- Rollover Accidents: Speeding leads to rollovers especially with larger trucks or SUVs that have a higher center of gravity. Electronic accident avoidance systems in SUVs have made them safer but there are still many large vehicles on the road without this advanced technology. Rollovers can lead to body ejections which often result in death.
Common Causes of Woodbury Vehicle Accidents
For over 25 years, I have represented clients who have been hurt or who have lost a loved one because of an auto accident. Common causes include:
Distracted Driving: It is a primary offense in Woodbury, New Jersey to text and drive. Despite this, car accidents from distracted driving are on the rise. This includes cell phone use, operating a GPS, eating, talking, changing the radio channel or any other poor behavior.
Drunk Driving: It is against the law to operate a vehicle with a blood alcohol content (BAC) of 0.08% or higher in New Jersey. Drunk driving is a leading cause of accidents including Woobury wrongful deaths. Intoxicated drivers (alcohol or drugs), including BAC levels below .08%, can cause accidents resulting in serious injuries or wrongful death.
Fatigued Driving: New Jersey does not have a specific law prohibiting operating a vehicle while drowsy or fatigued, the offense will be considered careless or reckless driving.
Speeding: Posted highway speed limits in Woodbury can now be as high as 70 mph. Increased speed limits often lead to drivers feeling comfortable going over even these higher limits. Seeing someone passing you at 80 or 90 mph is very common. Unfortunately, it has been proven over and over again that speed kills. Woodbury drivers who exceed posted speed limits put themselves and others at risk of serious personal injuries or wrongful death.
Poorly Designed Roads and Intersections: Faulty design of a roadway or intersection can lead to driver errors resulting in serious crashes. Confusion is a state no driver wants to be in.
Teen Drivers: New Jersey does place restrictions on new drivers; however, inexperienced teen drivers are still a leading cause of motor vehicle accidents. There are good reasons why insurance companies charge high premiums for them.
Aggressive Driving: Aggressive Woodbury drivers may be in a hurry, or they may, unfortunately, drive that way all the time. Either way, tailgating or weaving in and out of Woodbury traffic is dangerous.
What are the Most Common Types of Injuries in Woodbury Motor Vehicle Accidents?
Brain Injuries: Traumatic brain injury does not need a striking of the head to occur. Many brain injuries including concussions result from whiplash of the head. This can result in shorty term memory loss and vertigo. Severe traumatic injuries such as a subdural hematoma can lead to seizures.
Spinal Cord Injuries: Woodbury spinal cord injuries can include cord syndromes, Brown-Sequard syndrome, and lesions. A complete spinal cord injury can result in paraplegia or quadriplegia. More common injuries such as ruptured or bulging discs can put pressure on the spinal cord and nerve roots resulting in pain, numbness and atrophy..
Fractured Bones: A Woodbury motor vehicle accident can result in skull fractures, displaced fractures of the arm or leg and compression fractures of the vertebra.
Amputations: A Woodbury car crash can lead to an amputation if there is a significant crush injury or a loss of too much blood. Infections can also lead to an arm or leg amputation.
Whiplash: Whiplash is a colloquial term for sprains and strains of the muscles, ligaments and tendons anywhere in the body. The most common are cervical (neck) sprains and strains. Studies show that 20% of whiplash victims will develop a chronic pain syndrome.
Wrongful Death: The most significant type of injury that can be suffered in a Woodbury motor vehicle crash is death.
If you or a loved one have suffered any of these injuries, call or text me, Joseph Monaco, at 609-277-3166 for a Free Consultation. You need to know what steps have to be taken to preserve your rights. Don’t trust the big insurance companies to play fair. They are in business to make a profit. You are entitled to an award of monetary compensation under New Jersey law:
Medical Expenses: New Jersey law allows injury victims to be paid compensation for past, current and future unpaid medical expenses. Your own auto policy’s medical benefits coverage (PIP) will pay the first medical bills that come due but any bills not covered are the responsibility of the careless Woodbury driver who caused the accident. This would include hospital care, surgeries, doctors’ visits and rehabilitation therapies.
Lost Wages: If you are unable to work after an accident, you can collect New Jersey Temporary Disability Benefits for up to 6 months if you work for an employer located in New Jersey. Long term disability, including a loss of earning capacity because you can no longer work the same types of jobs you did in the past, will be the legal responsibility of the negligent Woodbury driver to compensate you.
Pain and Suffering: Monetary compensation for physical and emotional pain and suffering includes compensation for the loss of life’s pleasures. Disfigurement can also lead to an award of money damages.
Call or text 609-277-3166 for a Free Consultation and the No Recovery, No Fee Guarantee.